Monday, March 29, 2010

Candy Cocktails

I am not much of a drinker as it is, but, I recently came across this amazing website. This site is pretty neat. Some of you may have heard of Ms. (soon to be Mrs. and Momma) Bethenny Frankel. She is the creator of this Skinny Girl line. 

Bethenny:






For more information about Bethenny and about the Skinny Girl Margarita, see: 

http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/home.php

You may also recognize Bethenny from my personal favorite show, New Housewives of NYC!
She is a very popular chef and has been single up until this season of the show where she will be getting married and having her first child!

Momma and Baby! ;)

Bethenny is by far my favorite NYV Housewife: she knows how to tell it like it is no matter what! 
She has created a margarita, called the Skinny Girl Margarita that is only 100 Calories. I am not personally counting the calories, however, its very nice to know that when that day comes, Bethenny's got my back! ;)

Instead of trying the Skinny Girl this weekend, I opted for something a little more flavorful, and by flavorful, I mean FAT-FILLED. My new drink of choice: Amaretto Sour. 


Its yummy, Jolly Rancher flavor makes for an amazingly deceiving drink that, if not monitored carefully, may end up biting you later. I am not speaking form experience, all I can say is, if I weren't aware of my intake, things could have easily gotten out of hand! ;) (Good think I have phenomenal control).

I highly recommend the Amaretto Sour to all gals out there who love the idea of an alcoholic beverage, but have a hard time getting past the bite that comes with some mixed drinks. I am still experimenting with different drinks, so I will post more as I try them with my personal reviews. 


Ever had an Amaretto Sour? Any other recommendations for me? Leave me a comment below and I will try whatever you recommend (particularly any sweet wines you know of). 

Any crazy cocktail stories? Share below!!

3 comments:

  1. Did you know Stacey Konkel? Because amaretto sour is her favorite drink. So much so that for her wedding she made it the signature drink of the night!

    It is extremely good however, my personal favorites are:

    1. Going out: Pineapple Malibu Rum, Sweet and delicious. It is also very dangerous. You think you're drinking pineapple juice and if you let yourself, you will quickly forget about the rum...

    2. Bar hopping: pear cider. Yum. It's also somewhat sweet but with a bit of a tartness thrown into the mix. These are also deceivingly easy to drink and forget about the alcohol, so be careful.

    As a side treat, the bottle has a cute little beaver as its logo. There's a bar in Houston that has it on tap and the lever they use to pour the cider into is a beaver tail! It's what drew me to the drink in the first place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole!!!!

    #1: I didn't know you had a blog, I'm super excited to keep up with it now!

    #2: I just discovered Amaretto this past month too!!! (Have I already told you about this?) I was just as excited as you are now, because I'm also not a huge drinker. My fav drink with amaretto is an Amaretto Spite (amaretto, sprite, and some cherries - YUM!) I've yet to try an Amaretto Sour, but it sounds like a fun girls night out for us soon!

    Lets get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amaretto Sours, and I love you.

    And I've decided that I also love your blog, it's so you :)

    ReplyDelete