Oh, how I love him (sans the dramatic concert crotch grab incident which was more of a Faith Hill matter than a Tim matter....however, her reaction is quite understandable if the allegations are correct).
Tim is dear to my heart for many reasons.
Some of these reasons include:
1) Don't Take the Girl
The song that made Tim, Tim McGraw! Such a beautiful love song! My favorite line(s) (I hope it brings back memories for some of you Tim listeners out there):
"Johnny hit his knees and there he prayed, 'take the very breath You gave me, take the heart from my chest. I'll gladly take her place if You'll let me. make this my last request. Take me out of this world, but please, don't take the girl'"
2) She Can't Be Really Gone
This one's a tear jerker (another lovey-dovey one). This song is very poetic to me and I am not even sure why it gets to me so much. Every time I hear this one, it has the same effect. This one is about his woman leaving abruptly and he is so taken aback by it and desperately hopes that she can't be really gone. I have found myself to be more attracted to the slow, sappy ones. ;) My favorite line(s):
"Just look around the room, so much of her remains. Her book is lying on the bed; the two of hearts to mark her page. Now who could ever walk away at chapter 21? She can't be really gone."
3) Where the Green Grass Grows (personally my favorite)
Awesome, feel-good song! Makes me want to move to the country and start a family ;)
"I wanna live where the green grass grows, watch my corn pop up in rows. Every night, be tucked in close to you"
4) Just to See You Smile
Another feel-good! This one is about a love-struck young man who just loves to see his woman smile ;) but, they don't end up together even though he still loves her much much later. Favorite line(s):
"Yesterday I knew just what you wanted, when you came walkin' up to me with him.
So I told you that I was happy for you, and given the chance, I'd lie again."
5) My Best Friend
Such a sweet song! I am sorry for the abundance of sappy love songs, must be my mood ;). The title of this one pretty much says it all. Favorite line(s):
"You're more than a lover. There could never be another, to make me feel the way you do...
I fall in love all over, every time I look at you."
6) Comfort Me (more recent)
This song has such a neat beat to it. I just can't help but sing along when I hear this one. HIGHLY SUGGESTED TO ALL!!!! It's about....everything. Favorite line(s):
"Looking up at you with tears in their eyes.
Fathers of fathers of fathers gone by."
There are so many more that I just do not have time to mention in this post. Look for a followup post soon! If you like the premise of this post and would like to suggest another artist, I would gladly take requests. Put them in the comments section of this post. Thank you, readers! Subscribe if you haven't already!
I will be back at 'Not a Moment too Soon'! ;)
Quickly, I went to Tim at the rodeo this year and I was not a bit disappointed in his performance. He played many of his "oldies" and greeted every audience member that he was in reach of from the rodeo grounds!
Since it is obvious that I enjoy posts with photos, here are some of Tim, his wife, Faith, and even a peak of his two daughters!! Hope you enjoy.







I would like to know more about this "crotch grab incident" ...
ReplyDeletehehehe