Saturday, March 13, 2010

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

I have finally broken down and decided to BLOG. Crazy, I know. Once I made the decision, my only problem was: what do I write about?

Lets see, what have I done today to write about?

Well, woke up (realized it was actually spring break and the long awaited moment of release felt as good as I had anticipated), made the short trip to my parent's house (where I wish I could come more often), unloaded the two overflowing bags of dirty clothes stuffed in my micro-size trunk, crawled up into my corner of the couch (the comfiest chaise in Texas), and chose a movie from the oh-so-convenient "on demand" option on the fully-loaded TV. 

So many options, unfortunately, choosing is the hardest part. I had to be sure I was making the right choice....after flipping through each and every option, I made my decision......



PAUL BLART: MALL COP

As an avid fan of "King of Queens", I was positive that my decision would be a beneficial one. I sat down with my jar of maraschino cherries and prepared myself for laughter. 


I waited and waited for the comedy to pick up. Luckily, it did. I was very pleased with the movie all together. My rating (scale of 1-5, 5 being great and 1 being lame): 4. 

Synopsis: 
Paul Blart is devoted to his family and to his job: "mall cop", not to be confused with "security guard". In his lonely stouper, Blart decides to approach his "dream girl", if you will, who happens to work in his mall. Blart ends up rescuing his own daughter and his lady friend after a group of mobsters take over the mall and hold them hostage as they attempt to obtain credit card machine codes worth $30 million.

My favorite scenes:

  

Trying to issue a citation to a "reckless driver".



Blart "tricks" the mobsters by juking them on his segway before turning around and speeding off.

In an attempt to be stealthy, Blart slides across the floor stopping short of his destination....squeak, squeak, squeak to success. ;)



Overall, the movie picked up and had its hilarious moments. I was pleased with my decision and will continue to maintain my always rewarding relationship with the "on demand" button on my remote.







No comments:

Post a Comment