Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 21: Cough It Up.

I have done it...I have managed to be an entire week behind on my blog... Never expected it to get this bad.

I have found myself to be progressively boring, as well...this could end badly!

6 days ago, on November 21st, I helped my mom clean her bathroom... How glamorous!

It was a nice Sunday indoors. Working and cleaning. We ended the night watching movies. Watched Valentine's Day starring Ashton Kutcher, who although has been accused of cheating, is still a hunk! Hunk number two behind Ryan Reynolds- dreamy dude! ;)

One crazy thing that occurred on this particular Sunday involved a terrifying encounter with a Starburst.

While catching up on a couple of shows I had saved on my DVR, I popped a red starburst in my mouth. Almost immediately... The edges of the candy were still rough- the ends hadn't melted and formed a mold of the roof of my mouth- I took in air and the starburst went with it! CHOKING, I gasped for air to get my mothers attention on the other side of the room (completely involved in the television). I never thought about what I would do in a situation like the one I found myself in unexpectedly...

Heimlich? Regurgitation? Choke to death? I had nothing but disturbing options.

The heimlich- that's practically impossible.

Regurgitation- Ew! I've NEVER been forced to gag myself to the point of barfing (and never want to)

And choke- no thank you...

I kept swallowing- trying...and it would slide down...then right back up.

Damn those red starburst candies...

Luckily, the warmth of my esophagus applying pressure to the moldable red mush caused the edges to soften and the candy to mold itself to slide down...slowly an painfully, but surely.


My throat hurt for about an hour but hey, now I know how to handle myself the next time a starburst gets stuck where it shouldn't.....


Oh, the remaining starburst took a quick trip to the trash can...

Lovely.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to come write about the not-so-starry experience!

    This has occurred to me with Jolly Ranchers...multiple times...

    PS: Ryan Reynolds, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasted perfectly good starbursts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kristen....you could have just saved the Starbursts for later to give to someone else like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, you're definitely not boring at all - this was a crazy dramatic blog read today! I kept reading faster and faster....thinking "what happened with the starburst!?!?!?!?!?"

    ReplyDelete