Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4: Flashback!

I have been waiting for this blog all week. Sick, I know.

I volunteered to go to a college fair this week at MY high school.

Those weren't the most amazing years, in fact..I tried to prepare myself for all kinds of possible circumstances....who would be there? Would random people recognize me? Would I recognize them?? What am I supposed to talk to them about? Who? What? When? Where? Ahh!

As you can tell from my paranoia, I had not been back to PHS in a very long time.....over 4 years....since the last day of my senior year.....

The fair was a success and I only saw three people I knew!

1. I saw an old friends mom and sister...luckily they avoided me like the plague....(lol I guess that's not really a good sign...)
2. A guy I knew in HS approached me before the fair....turns out he's a college counselor too! That was neat! Ironically, he works for his Alma Mater AND it happens to be another Texas Catholic University......his table was directly across from ours....facing one a other......
3. I saw and briefly spoke with a high school counselor that remembered me. She was so sweet and welcoming. She was also very complimentary. (I'll take that any day). ;)

Here's a peek at my journey!



This is the moment I considered getting back in the car and heading home.





This is the moment I realized I was glad I stayed... ;)
So delicious!!!




This is the moment I realized i wouldn't be back for another year....and though i survived, I can wait....

I enjoyed myself and my company. All in all, it was a pretty good night!

.....what a relief!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Glad you survived! High school wasn't the best time for me either, life just keeps getting better and better!

    that cupcake looks so yummy though, well worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete