Some strange voice in my head (whom I rarely listen to) inspired me to clean something. Of course, I couldn't choose to clean something less of a mess than my mother's closet. What was I thinking?!?!
We spent 5 hours in a closet together throwing everything you could imagine into piles and corners and trash bags for donations....exhausting!!!!
About half way through the process, I came across the neatest little thing. Amongst so many more "retro" clothing (between my mom and my dad) this tag caught my eye:

I screamed "Woah! That's old school Gap!"
My mother couldn't stop laughing at my amazement....
I was so excited about this tag! Turns out, years and years ago, my dad had bought a pair of red "sweats" for my mom (he's not usually a shopper) and she still had them in her closet!!! I thought it was the cutest and sweetest thing that my mom had kept them.....
After realizing that I was misunderstanding her reason for keeping her little red Gap sweats was because they at one point turned into her "painting outfit"....
It's quite sad when one owns an outfit JUST for painting...but sure enough- they were covered in paint!

;) look at how weathered this tag is!
Later, it occurred to me that we have done an indeed amount of painting in my family over the years.....

Closet Clean!!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
You think that saves paper? I would think cloth tags would be much less itchy. What happened to them??
ReplyDelete