Monday, May 31, 2010

Old Town Spring.

One day of vacation was dedicated to SHOPPING; another hobby that the Keith's and Mimi do well!

We shopped and shopped in Old Town Spring and bought and bought fun little knick-knacks here and there. 

Some fun things we saw and fun things we did included:


eating lunch at Wunsche Brothers Cafe and Saloon


I had chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes and corn.
YUM!

For dessert (my favorite):
I had Key Lime Pie and my tried my dad's Buttermilk Pecan Pie. 
Both were great!

The cafe used to be a saloon and hotel for railroad workers and travelers
(the restaurant was right next to the railroad tracks).
The bar.


It is now a historical landmark.


Front doors of the cafe/saloon.

Mimi and I had fun and Wunsche Brothers Cafe!




Other Old Town Spring findings and happenings:



The mail gets delivered and picked up here. No A/C and not much light.


The Loose Caboose.
Beer and sausage on a stick.


adorable birdhouse.


and my personal favorite:
Keith St.

Fun time, yet again, in OTS. I predict that next year will be just as fun. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment