I spent the last week at a condo on Lake Conroe with my family. This is our second year to go to the condo and we have loved it both times! I want to break the vacation down because so many things happened and its fun to share with you!
First, we rented a boat. Not just any boat, a ski boat. Now, some of you may be wondering what business MY family has renting a ski boat......
Well, to be honest, we had absolutely NO business renting a ski boat. I definitely wasn't about to get off that boat and into a toob in the water (that was white-capping, by the way). My 75-year-old grandma (Mimi) was barely going to get on the boat as it was (she cannot swim and refuses to get in water....she almost drowned when she was 5 and her uncle saved her from a river that she fell into) and my dad......toobing just ain't his thing.....
As for my mother.....recovering from colon cancer....she (as far as I knew) had no intentions of ever toobing behind a speed boat.....but...
We took my cousin, Trey, with us and Trey is a sophomore in high school, so we knew he would love the toob action.....
It was a blast and we all had a great time.
Dad drove the boat:
(This is his thing)
He woke up the next morning with a bright white line across his forehead
from his hip hat trend.
While trying to look cool on the boat, he lost his hat and we had to
turn around and retrieve it from the lake....
Mimi relaxed....above the water:
This is by far the most adorable picture of Mimi!
Meet Trey:
Oh, Trey. He is a character. Trey lives in just outside of Anderson, TX (just north of the lake).
He spent the day and the night before giving my mom and I cramps and making us cry tears of laughter).
He and I went to the gas station the night before this picture was taken....
he went in while I stayed in the car.....
after waiting for much longer than I expected.....
Trey walked out of the store wearing those glasses....after dark.
He purchased the glasses to take with us on the boat the next morning.
He claimed that they were the only options that fit his head.
When we returned tot he condo he realized that his new glasses
were duplicates of the glasses my dad already owned......FUNNY MOMENT!
And this one, if you look closely......is of my cousin, Trey, and MY MOTHER!!!!!!
Trey somehow convinced (after failing to convince me) my mother
to ride on the toob with him RIGHT after we ate our lunch.
She spent much more time on that toob that I would have ever expected.
It was really fun to watch her laugh at Trey and struggle to hang on.
There were times when Trey went flying in the air way too high for my liking,
but he and my dad loved it!
I got the tan that I hoped for on the boat. That was enough excitement for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment