Alright friends, this one is special. I know most of you know my mom and know her well enough to know that this story will make you cry with laughter. For those of you who don't, trust me, she IS a great mother despite her crude sense of humor. (I get it from her).
Setting the scene: Tuesday afternoon....visiting my mom at work before heading into the city.
I head out a little later than planned (we always get caught up talking), but I am not too worried about it because I am not on a strict deadline. I head to the car and begin my usual routine.....taking about my chair to place it neatly in the back seat of my car.
What happened next has only happened ONCE before....two days after I got my car when I was 16....
As I transfered into the car and removed the cushion for disassembly, all was well.....
Suddenly, I turned back to the chair sitting outside my car and what seemed to be in slow motion to me, the chair had rolled backwards to just outside of my reach (though I did try and try to reach it from my seat).
The more I leaned, the further and further it kept rolling away from my car. My first thought was....please don't roll into the street behind me and get run over. Second thought: can I DRIVE to it and get it into the car. (Keep in mind this was all happening in slow motion in my mind- i felt like the whole world was watching this all unfold, but there was no one in sight!)
Next, I realize that the chair had stopped! It had stopped directly behind my car......
1. Thank goodness it did not roll into the street and get rolled over
2. There was NO way I could drive to it to pull it into the car with me and speed off as if nothing ever happened.
So, I called my mom (inside the building), who immediately made fun of me for calling her IMMEDIATELY after leaving her office.....
I was laughing so hard that she could barely understand what I was saying.....the only words I could get out were: "I need you to come outside....I lost my chair!" (meanwhile laughing extremely hard).
30 SECONDS LATER:
Mom walks out cracking up with her co-worker behind her (why she thought she had time to be stopping and telling people the news, I'm not sure, but hey, its my mom).
I am still laughing and then I realize............shes carrying her cell phone.....and then without hesitation, she raises her phone up in the camera position. This is what she saw:
She thought that this could not have been more hilarious.....
And for those of you wondering, she did eventually bring me the chair and I made it to my destination.
I have never considered myself a klutz, but after this....I may have to reconsider this and keep my eye open for more potential clumsiness....
Hope you all like this........it took a lot to actually post this! LOL
Not many people can say this has happened to them....unique embarrassing moment.

OMG, Nicole- that chair truly did not want to be put in its place! How did it roll behind your car?! By the way, I love that your mom took the picture. It's definitely something I would do for my family, too. :)
ReplyDelete