IS DESSERTS!
Now ladies, what can I say, its a weakness! Don't even bother denying it! I have always been a fan of dessert, but not until recently did i realize that not only do I like dessert, but I have a very special sixth sense: I can subconsciously sniff out FREE desserts anywhere!
Last week, I took a spontaneous trip to Target with some lady friends. It was a Friday afternoon, sunny; perfect for what we deemed "retail therapy" in honor of a particularly difficult time one of us was struggling with. We spent the car ride chatting and singing "Don't stop believin'" and "Somebody to Love" off of the first album of GLEE season 1....
In an attempt to force these lyrics into your head, it goes a little something like this:
I work hard every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end I take home my hard earned pay all on my own -
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord - somebody - somebody
Can anybody find me - somebody to love?
YOU ARE WELCOME ;)
Now, on to more important happenings:
The moment I entered the typically red and white themed Target on Main, I was drawn (even through the initial "sensory overload" feeling) to the teeny tiny little Starbucks franchise to my right. Coffee is great, yes, but I find it difficult to pay so much for a cup of coffee I make more to my taste at home, so I label myself as a "social Starbucks drinker".
Something, I had no idea of what yet, was pulling me towards Starbucks and away from the purses, my usual first stop....
Then suddenly, I found it! the FREE DESSERT! I was so thrilled I shrieked to get the attention of my fellow shoppers! It worked, they came a runnin' without saying a word! We fiend over these tiny little samples and each grabbed out disproportional serving (secretly wishing the free samples were full sized).
Without knowing what this little, pink, sweet liquid was made of, we simultaneously puckered out lips out to retrieve the tiny little straw presented in the tiny little cup labeled "Starbucks Coffee".
Of course, our eyes lit up the instant the frozen pink, creamy, delighfulness (topped with whipped cream) reached our tongues.
PERFECTION IN A TINY LITTLE CUP:
Strawberries and Cream (with Whipped Cream)
By the time we hit the Ziplock Bag aisle, we heard one another attempting to suck up every little bit of the heavenly pink goodness......it was great while it lasted.....
"social Starbucks drinker"- hilarious!
ReplyDeleteAnd, the teeny sample looks so cute & delicious!