Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Letters to Juliet.

This weekend I went to the movies to see Letters to Juliet. I hadn't heard much about it, but it looked good when I watched previews. The only other option I has was The Bounty Hunter, which I heard was not very good. Comment and tell me what you thought about The Bounty Hunter if you saw it.






As for Letters to Juliet, I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the romantic comedy. Parts of the comedic lines fell flat, but I like the cheesy lines and dialogue.






I have been paying close attention to Amanda Seyfried and this movie only validated my new- found love for her. I think she is a great actress!


She's very sentimental in this movie and that is a characteristic I wanted to see in her character, Sophie.







With an overall tomatometer rating of 46%, critics said Letters to Juliet is:






"A pleasant and consistently engaging romance..."

< This comment is spot on! I thought it was a pleasant way to spend my Saturday afternoon and a little spare cash. This movie was not a waste of money. I enjoyed myself and I enjoyed the plot as well as all of the main characters (and their actors) >






"Of the dozens of chick flicks to come out this year, THIS is the one that's not bad..."

< I love me a good chick flick. This movie met all my standards. This very well may be a valid statement, but personally, I think it may be too soon to label THIS one as the ONE that's not bad...I usually like many of them...I will let you know when the time comes to determine my winner. >






"Unfortunately, the main couple in the film competes in vain against the scenery..."

< While the scenery was beautiful, I don't think that it was distracting. It did not distract from the plot or the emotion of the film. >


The other characters in the film were fantastic as well! I would recommend this movie to those who enjoy a romantic film that gives the brain a rest. Not much mystery here and suspense is kept at a minimum.

Did you see it? Tell me that you thought!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Bounty Hunter it was ok. But all of the funny parts were in the previews and the movie was very very predictable.

    ReplyDelete