Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Slacker.

I am slacking! I have been wanting to share my favorites for the month of June for a few days now, but, life happens, right.


June was a great month. The weather was a little iffy at times, but hey, this is Texas people....

my favorite things of the month of June are.......drumroll please......(I think I did this last time....at least I am consistent..lol...)


1. My IPad



I have spent this month getting to know my IPad and I absolutely love it so far. I have used it many many times. Since I don't have an IPhone (yet...that will be in the August faves), I use it to surf the net and play games....I have discovered that there truly is an app for everything. Amazing. What has the world come to? Thanks mom and dad!

2. Nail Polish



I have been experimenting with nail polish colors this summer and I have run into so amazing colors!
my favorite so far: Fairy Teal (Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure). This stuff is pretty expensive, but I am a coupon clipper and I have gotten so many Sally Hansen coupons lately. Trick: double up on coupons and get more for you money! The more you save, the merrier....and the prettier the polish looks!  ;)

Sally has been very good to me! I love her polishes. They are always pretty thick and apply well! They are also known to last pretty long on my nails....which is usually a big issue for me.

Other colors I love: Sally Hansen's Sun Kissed, Ulta's Moody Blues, and Sally Hansen's Choco-Latte! Try them out!!!

3. Bean Bad Fill
I am sure you are thinking.....really, Nicole? Truthfully, I stole this idea from someone else.....I am a subscriber to a youtuber named Tiffany and she is the coolest! I find myself up late at night watching her entertaining videos about everything girly! Hair, Makeup, Nails, Organization, EVERYTHING! She has so many cool tips and tricks....my favorite one for this month, though, is using bean bag fill to create a really awesome base for your makeup brush storage. I use a square, clear pencil cup (medium size) to store all of my makeup brushes and keep them handy for when I am doing my makeup. I spent $4 on a bag of this bean bag fill at Walmart and only used about half of the bag (if that). I poured the fill into the square cup until it was just about full. I stuck all of my brushes into the fill and it is amazing! the brushes stay in place and stay separate from one another so that you can tell which is which and grab whichever one you need at any given time. I cannot help but share this awesome trick because I just cannot believe how well it works! I do not know how I ever went without something like this! And it was so simple....how could I not have thought of it myself!!!!!????? I will upload a picture later and show you what I am talking about. Make sure that the bean bag fill is plastic and not Styrofoam. The styrofoam ones would just end up all over the place....the plastic ones are the perfect weight and size!

4. MICHE

(These are just some of the cool options that are available)


I recently ordered a Miche bag from a friend who sells them. This is the neatest thing. It is a base bag (in black or brown) that can then be placed into these "shells". This makes changing out purses quick and easy! just slide one shell off and the other on. It makes one bag look like many more and you won't ever forget to change something out of one purse and into the other! They are connected to the base bag with magnets. I haven't gotten the bag or the shells in the mail yet, but this month has been a Miche month. It took me so long to decide on which shells to start with ....there are so many! I will provide you all with a detailed review of my purchase! ;)

5. Eclipse Premiere



Loved it, Loved it, Loved it. The whole night was a blast! Don't want to reveal too much, but the movie is great and I recommend it!


What were you addicted to this month? SHARE WITH ME!

3 comments:

  1. 1. Dying for an iPad. But, definitely making the iPhone 4 my priority (at least with my birthday three months away I figure it's a more realistic gift, or so I tell myself)!

    2. Nail polish and I are not friends. Every mani/pedi it's a soft (skin tone) pink so that from a distance no one can see the immediate chips. :)

    3. I saw these featured somewhere...can't remember quite where I saw them though. They seem neat!

    4. Still haven't seen it. At this rate I may wait until it's out for rent because now I have Despicable Me to add to the list along with Toy Story 3 and Grownups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the ipad as a gift, so my priority now is to purchase an iphone come august! So excited for the new one!!!

    I have to buy the really expensive stuff to get the right results that I want. I hate chipping so much, especially when I pay to have them done the right way......so disappointing when you leave the salon and knick your nail on the door on the way out......no thank you!

    I have seen Grownups, its very funny! recommend it, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you love the ipad!

    That bean bag fill is such a neat idea! I need to search for this youtuber.

    I LOVED eclipse too! I can't wait for Breaking Dawn (*argh* I can't believe they are cutting it into 2 movies!) *sob*

    ReplyDelete